The San Diego Bridal Bazaar is just ONE week away!
Here are some useful tips for navigating the largest bridal expo in San Diego.
1)Get discount tickets at http://www.bridalbazaar.com or on their facebook page (buy 1, get 1 free). Remember to bring $10 for parking under the convention center.
2) Bring your support group! Members of your bridal party and female family members and friends work best. Decide if you want to bring your groom because it can be very stressful and overwhelming for the guys. Make sure everyone has cell phones, each others phone numbers and cameras to take pictures of wedding ideas for you.
3) Eat a little beforehand as there is only a small snackbar inside. Leave space though for all the cake and food samples that you’ll be able to try at the Bridal Bazaar. The booth next to BFFbridesmaid (booth#107) is giving away samples of delicious gourment popcorn and homemade cold stone ice cream! Bring a bottle of water with you as it can get expensive buying onsite.
4) Wear comfortable shoes and bring a backpack for all the promotional material you’ll receive. Bring color swatches if you’ve already picked out your wedding colors
5) Make a plan. Check http://www.bridalbazaar.com for the map and decide your plan of attack. Best is to go aisle by aisle starting with aisle #100 and working your way towards the fashion show area. You can also use your friends to fan out and then meet back up to see if there were any you wanted to revisit together. Plan out what questions you want to ask. Make a checklist for the different types of vendors that you still need and make sure you find at least two of each so you can comparison shop.
6) Schedule in the fashion show. There will be three fashion shows: 11:30am, 1:00pm, 2:45pm. Make sure you stay until the end when they throw out prizes into the audience. My best friend won a free engagement photography session. BFFbridesmaid will be giving away a free Bridesmaid Bootcamp for you and 3 friends!
7) If you already have your gown and bridal party clothing, take the opportunity to visit the most popular or crowded vendors during the fashion shows as it will make their booths a lot less crowded.
8) Bring your business cards or pre printed labels with your contact info on them. Sign up for as many drawings and prizes as you can. A friend of mine won a free honeymoon!
9) You won’t remember all the vendors you see and meet so take notes on flyers and promotional materials that you find. Write down if they have any special Bridal Bazaar offers. Many vendors give special discounts if you book at the Bridal Bazaar!
10) Relax, have fun and DO NOT get overwhelmed. There will be 320 vendors there but remember, you don’t need to get everything you see! You are there to get ideas and most importantly enjoy this first step of your bridal journey…