One of the first questions Bridesmaids and Maids of Honor ask me is
“What do I do and When do I need to do it?”
When it comes to weddings, most people forget that there are numerous events leading up to the BIG event. Think about it..
- Engagement party (Usually done within 2-3 months of the engagement- sometimes thrown by the Maid of Honor)
- Bridal or Couple’s showers (Usually done a few months before the wedding- thrown by the Bridesmaids and Maid of Honor)
- Bachelorette parties (Usually done 2-6 weeks before the wedding- thrown by the Bridesmaids and Maid of Honor)
- Bachelor parties (Usually done 2-6 weeks before the wedding- thrown by the Groomsmen and Best Man)
- Bridesmaids Luncheon or Thank you Dinner (Usually, the week of the wedding- thrown by the Bride for her bridal party)
- Welcome or Rehearsal Dinner (The day before the wedding-thrown by the bride and groom)
Here is a handy timeline to organize your Pre-Wedding events and important appointments. to help you create a good flow for Pre-Wedding events. Spacing the events out adequately will avoid people feeling annoyed with yet “another” wedding event to attend. Remember none of these events are mandatory. Brides- go with your gut on what events you want to have. Bridesmaids- check with the bride what she expects you to organize. Use your resources and have fun with it!